Monday 17 November 2014

FACT - The Memoir Club joins FACT's £2k challenge to raise 2 million - can you help


 
Joanne Smith
 
Joanne Smith
Chief Executive & Founder at FACT - Fighting All Cancers Together
 
 
Hi,
I hope this email finds you well.
I was wondering if you and/or your organisation would be able to help with a project I am currently managing.
Following my diagnosis with breast cancer in 2005, I set up FACT (Fighting All Cancers Together) to help people and families in the NE who are affected by cancer.
FACT has grown from strength to strength and now offers over 2000 support sessions a year. Almost 1 in 2 people in the NE will be diagnosed with cancer, Thankfully medicine is advancing, so many people are surviving and living longer following diagnosis. However, this means that more people need support services, and need them to help them live with and /or beyond cancer. Support needs to catch up with medicine!
FACT has big plans to make sure that the people of the North East have all of the support they need to cope with a diagnosis of cancer, and this is where I would like to respectfully ask that you consider supporting our exciting plans.....here is one way you can help, but if you have any other ideas about how you would like to be involved, please let me know.
Would your organisation like to take on FACT's £2k challenge & see your name on the founders wall of the UK's First CANCER SUPPORT, AWARENESS & EDUCATION CENTRE. This £2m, state of the art facility will benefit thousands of people every year FACT is looking for 2oo people, organisations, schools etc to each raise £2k over 12 months. What will your challenge be? Run, bake, swim, raffle, cycle, dress down, party, walk, sing ..... Let the challenge begin!

Here is a recent press article about our new centre. http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/uk-leading-2m-cancer-facility-planned-7657818

If you would like to offer your support or would like more information, please do get in touch, and please pass this on to anyone you think might be able to help.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Joanne

Joanne Smith
Founder & Chief Executive
FACT- Fighting All Cancers Together
Charity No. 1130258

Suite 4, Enterprise House, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0SR
0191 4420833

“Having the Support of FACT for me and my family has made the world of difference in helping me cope with my diagnosis of breast cancer, and the treatment that I am having. Without the friends I have made at FACT I would feel lost and very alone. FACT should be available ‘on prescription’ to everyone diagnosed with cancer – they are real medicine.”…….Feedback from a FACT service user

No comments:

Post a Comment